As a teen, I was very self-centered and was only worried about my individuality. I know now, because of my personal actions, I hurt several people feelings throughout my teenage years. If it was not for Cal Farley’s staff members I would never have had the chance to learn about selfless service, honor, integrity, and family. During my four years at Cal Farley’s I was molded into the person I am today. So when I graduated from Cal Farley’s boys ranch in Amarillo Texas joining the military seem to be the appropriate thing to do. I fit right in because of my advanced knowledge of duty, country, and selfless service. As I look back on my 17 a half years of service, even though I became disabled in combat operations in Afghanistan and Iraq, I have had the privilege of knowing many great soldiers. It seems that my life has come to a full circle because I now belong to the Cal Farley’s boys ranch alumni Association, which directly aligns with my passion of building a Veterans Memorial at Cal Farley’s boys ranch in Amarillo Texas and supporting the elderly. This Association assists in crisis management for senior citizens throughout the United States.
According to SeniorJournal.com, “Among most countries, the U.S. is at or near the bottom in nine key areas of health support:”
1. Infant mortality and low birth weight;
2. Injuries and homicides;
3. Teenage pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections;
4. Prevalence of HIV and AIDS;
5. Drug-related deaths;
6. Obesity and diabetes;
7. heart disease;
8. chronic lung disease; and
9. disability.
40.3 million
[The number of people who were 65 and older in the United States on April 1, 2010, accounting for 13 percent of the total population. In 2010, this age group was larger than in any other decennial census, up from 31.2 million in 1990 and 35.0 million in 2000.]
Source: The Older Population: 2010 http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/briefs/c2010br-09.pdf
The fact is millions of people are reaching the age of senior citizen, and need our assistance either now or in the near future. Cal Farley’s boys ranch alumni Association through crisis management is reaching out to assist many of these senior citizen. There is a different element in which Cal Farley’s alumni are faced with. This element is based on the fact each of these children faced then, and many of them face today; either they did not or do not have a normal family structure to support them as senior citizens.
I know many of the readers support needed out-of-country missions, but I propose we should first take care of our own Americans first before sending funding out of the country. By supporting Cal Farley’s boys ranch alumni Legacy program we can not only take care of senior citizen but also provide crisis management for people within our borders who truly need our support.
Legacy program not only assists senior citizens but also provides scholarships to all Cal Farley’s associates and performs mentor-ship programs to assist in developing young adults into productive partners in our society. By becoming a legacy part you can assist in efforts to provide crisis management in situation like this:
In 2013 a senior citizen arrived back from a foreign country and started their new job. Within the first week this person had a massive heart attack, and because this person did not have a family member to help them out, the alumni Association stepped in and provide crisis management in the form of providing a month’s worth of food through Walmart cards to this individual. This action gave this person a chance to heal up until they were able to go back to work. Without the donation of others, Cal Farley’s alumni who do not have families would not be able to receive assistance when severe situations like this happen.
Help us to be able to provide crisis management by becoming a Legacy partner. Whether it is five dollars a month or a one-time donation every little bit helps and is appreciate. To receive more information about the Cal Farley’s legacy program please click here: Legacy Program
Each year the CFBRAA is able to provide services which are not duplicated by Cal Farley’s Boys Ranch. Efforts of the Alumni Association are targeted for services and support for alumni members. Scholarships and Special Needs support are available through the Alumni Association thanks to the generous support of alumni members, supporters, sponsors and corporate donations. We hope you too will join our efforts and make a gift online today to help us help our alumni families. Remember even a five dollars donation helps assist in crisis management.
To donate a monthly sum click here
For a one-time donation click here
You can either use a credit card or a PayPal account for your convenience.
Thank you in advance for your support
Remember to add in “Legacy partner” in the notes section of your donation to ensure continued assistance for the elderly and disabled
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment